Time to see how I’m doing with my self-imposed challenge!!
Two weeks ago, I said I would try to write 30 blogs in 30 days. A tall order considering all the hats I wear and projects on my plate! Honestly, I thought I was sucking big time, but I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my progress.
14 days, 14 posts.
In the words of Matthew McConaughey; alright, alright!
Still two weeks to go, but here are a few things that I’ve learned thus far:
- It’s easier to write/concentrate when you log out of social media sites
- It’s easier yet when you close all other tabs, too
- The WordPress app is A.MAZE.BALLS.
- You can make my website look like an app on your phone (so cute!)
- I’ve surprised myself with how much I have to comment on
- If you wait to be “ready” to write, you won’t write
- Using bitly to share your articles will give you a better insight into who’s reading your content
- Write first, then edit. Writing is the river, editing is the dam.
- Writing should be FUN! Don’t let your brain make it a CHORE.
- If you start writing and you look at your work only to think: what the heck is this?! Erase everything except your favorite sentence and start again. Then, set a timer and hit PUBLISH when your time’s up!
I have to admit, I was intimidated by my own challenge, but it’s really been a great experience. Also, if I hadn’t held my feet to the fire, I probably wouldn’t have written at all this month! I’ve been swamped, so I appreciate putting myself through the paces.
My two cents: Instead of being stressed out over it, I’m surprisingly thankful for this challenge I gave myself! I’m learning a lot and it’s been an honor to share it with all of you.
Here’s to the second half of this experience!