What is there to do anymore? When you go out with your girlfriends, what are some of the activities you love to do that won’t break the bank? We all tend to get in a rut, even forget to explore our own cities or know what’s out there for us that’s new, fun, and exciting. Here are a few of my favorite girls night out activities:
- Something a few of my girlfriends and I have done is attend a Painting & Pinot class. For $45, you get a glass of wine, a canvas, your paints and an instructor takes you though how to paint a beautiful picture. You can sign up as a group, so all your girlfriends are guaranteed a spot in the class. It’s amazing fun, if there is a class in your area, it’s definitely worth checking out.
- You can also sign up for a firearms self defense training course together! What a great opportunity to get out of the house, learn how to handle a firearm, and get certified for a concealed carry permit. There is nothing I would rather do than to help other women own their own personal safety by showing them how to carry. Just going to the range with girlfriends is an awesome night, but to witness another woman firing a gun for the first time or learn about guns is really something extraordinary.
- One night, a few of my closest friends got together for a night of glamour. Thankfully, my hair and makeup girl is also a great friend. We love makeup and send each other countless Pinterest ideas for different techniques. So, we decided to have a glamour slumber party; complete with fake eyelashes, airbrushed foundation, a little champagne, and lots of laughs! Just be sure to bring plenty of makeup remover.
- A sports bar in our area has dartboards with WiFi. On Wednesday nights, you can sign up to play in tournaments with people around the world. It’s such a cool experience to join your friends out in rural Wisconsin and play 501 against a team in Japan! We’ve only gone once, but this is definitely something we’ll be doing again. Especially since from 8-10PM, tap beer is just $.25!
- Another activity my friends and I enjoy is skeet shooting. Our church even does a women’s trip to a local gun range where women learn gun safety, gear up, and run the course in a friendly competition to hit more clay pigeons than their Christian sisters. It’s a great deal of fun and one I frequently recommend to women across social media.
- We also love to go bowling. Don’t laugh, it’s really fun! We’ve done midnight bowling, bumper bowling and cosmic bowling. Talk about laughs, it is always a great time when we hit the lanes. Plus, any night where a pitcher of beer and hot greasy pizza is the rule is a great night in my book.
- We love dancing too, however instead of going out to a club, we have a Just Dance party at a friend’s house. The night is only complete with yummy snacks, comfy clothes, a few cocktails, a lot of laughs and no cover charge. Honestly, sometimes it’s a better night out when you just stay in.
We still go out for sushi, farmers markets, wine tastings, local events, and whoop it up out on the town for our friend’s birthdays, but it’s always good to have a few fresh ideas in the hopper for nights where you’re up for something new!
As successful women, wives and mothers, with so much on our plates, and a never ending to-do list, time with our friends can get lost in the chaos of our busy schedules. It’s critical we make time for all the relationships in our lives, including time for ourselves, and be sure to schedule time for our friends as well. Heck, it’s even good for our health!
Come to think of it, it’s been way too long since I made time to out with my girlfriends, so I need to go make a few phone calls. What about you? Is there something you and your girlfriends like to do on your night out that’s fun and unique?